Monday, May 10, 2010

Hypnotized by the pendulum!, Class1 - Week6


Last week was the hardest since i started, i mean i was freaking out because i had no time to finish the animation, man this is really weird but even after i submitted my animation for revision, i wanted to keep animating the frigging pendulum… on a sunday… after almost 19 hours with 5 hour sleep in between, god i miss that tail, lol!, although I wish i had one more sunday just to rest, the lack of time is starting to affect me, officially i have no spare time, and i have to do something about it, but i'm still happy anyway :).

The lecture was about the overlapping action principle, that one is a difficult one to grasp, i had a hard time understanding the physics for this animation. To explain it easily, it's when one joint moves after the other and makes this wave motion caused by a force, like legs moving in a walk cycle, or the motion of a squirrel's tail, i mean, it's not that difficult to understand the concept, but not easy when animating a pendulum!, that's when you truly get it, or start to get it. For example, what happens when the pendulum changes direction in x or y? how will the joints move? what about the timing and spacing? , i think i will be asking myself those question as long as i animate, and i'm happy for that!, i mean isn't it nice to be learning all the time?

I leave you with the exercise, for which i didn't have enough time to polish :(


La semana pasada fue la más difícil desde que comencé, estaba bastante estresado porque casi no tenía tiempo para terminar la animación, carajo, esto es bien raro pero después de subir mi animación quería seguir con el pendejo péndulo, un domingo… después de trasnocharme animando casi 19 horas con solo unas 5 horas de sueño, Dios extraño animar ese péndulo! xD!. Aunque quisiera tener otro domingo más para descansar, la falta de tiempo está comenzando a afectarme, oficialmente, no tengo tiempo de ocio y tengo que hacer algo al respecto, pero sigo contento de todas maneras :).

La lección fue sobre el principio de "overlapping" o "superposición", este fue difícil, tuve problemas entendiendo la física para poder hacer la animación. Para explicarlo de manera sencilla, es cuando una articulación se mueve después de la otra y crea este movimiento en forma de ola causado por una fuerza, como cuando las piernas se mueven al caminar, o el movimiento de la cola de una ardilla, me refiero a que el concepto no es difícil de entender, pero si lo es cuando se anima un péndulo! ahí es cuando realmente lo entiendes, o empiezas a entenderlo. Por ejemplo que pasa cuando el péndulo cambia de dirección en x o y? como se van a mover las articulaciones? y que hay del timing y el spacing? Creo que me estaré preguntando esas cosas mientras esté animando, y me alegro por eso!, me refiero a que, no es cool estar aprendiendo todo el tiempo?

Aquí los dejo con el ejercicio, para el que no tuve suficiente tiempo de pulir :(.









2 comments:

  1. Hey Fernando,
    I agree with you 100%! This week was crazy. I was up until 5am Sunday morning revising my obstacle course because I spent all my other time on the pendulum. I still love it too but I really need to organize my time better.

    I thought your pendulum looked really good!

    Good luck with this week's assignment. i think I am just going to sleep in my computer chair, lol. :)

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. :O con razon andas zombie! que pelúo!
    Pero quedó finísimo :)

    ReplyDelete